Sunday, October 17, 2010

10. All the Glory

So, last night I went to something that was pretty epic.

Sufjan Stevens in concert.

It was unlike any concert I have been to.

And I have been to my fair share of concerts. Because I love them. [Maybe in a future blog, I will name them all.]

But this was honestly just super cool. There wasn't any crowd-surfing; there weren't any mosh pits. We all had assigned seats. It was like going to an orchestra concert on a whole new scale.
I think most of the audience was just captivated by the entire thing, myself included.
I found myself unable to remember any of the other songs while he was in the middle of a song. I was absorbed by it all. The music, the visual arts, the experience.

I only knew like 3 songs, which he played at the very end. But it didn't really matter. It was like going to a musical you have never seen before, but really enjoying it. I didn't have to know the songs. Plus, the songs make much more sense when you see him perform them live. I can get a glimpse of their meanings when I look at the lyrics, but this was like seeing him in his natural habitat. Each song is so rich, so full, so full of emotion.
And I became somewhat attatched to each one. It was odd.

The point(s) is(are):
1. Sufjan Stevens is one talented guy.
2. There are some insane things that go through his mind.
3. I'm a little jealous of that.
4. Because I know he understands some things about the Lord that I sure don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment