Friday, September 3, 2010

7. Welcome Autumn

I am now composing my blogs from Minnesota.
And it's already cold.
I have never experienced such a sudden change in weather.
Literally, I moved into a dorm with no air conditioning and 99 degree sunny humid days outside my new window.
And today, I am wearing jeans and a jacket trying to stay warm as the chilliness of autumn began overnight.
That makes me think a lot about change. And how much change happens in life.
I think I am one of those people who doesn't mind change. I am not in love with brand new things and I certainly don't hate it when new things come up, but I definitely don't mind it.
I moved 1000 miles away for college and really didn't think twice about the distance.
I think change is pretty healthy. Life is way too short to live the same days over and over.
But it does get hard sometimes.
But it doesn't matter. Don't forget that God has the best intentions for our lives.
He throws us into new things or takes away old things because ultimately, he is leading us to the next chapter. And he genuinely loves us which is why he helps us out in that way.
So, when I think about how difficult it is to be in a new place, or moving in last year when I was an incoming freshman; or when I remember some of my friends who are experiencing complete life change based on circumstances in their lives this past year, I hold tight to this:

" Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6

It seems like one we always hear, but take it to heart. Pray if life throws you a curveball. God listens. He is in control. No need to worry. He offers us a peace we won't find anywhere else.
Because His will is what's best for his kingdom and ultimately for you too.

1 comment: